TOASTED KALE AND PAN FRIED CHICKPEA SALAD
1 large head of curly kale
2 cups cooked chickpeas (or one can)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon paprika
3 tablespoons chopped preserved lemons (recipe here)
* I usually don't have preserved so I just cut up lemon slices--a little goes a long way
1 Meyer lemon
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Extra preserved lemons to garnish
Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Rinse kale, remove stems, tear into pieces. Toss in just enough olive oil to coat and sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Toast kale for 25 minutes or until kale is a good mixture of wilted and crunchy.
- In a sauté pan combine coconut oil, chickpeas, paprika, chopped preserved lemons and a hearty pinch of sea salt. Cook over medium high heat until chickpeas are crispy, stirring frequently!
- In a large serving bowl combine kale and chickpeas. Squeeze 1/2 of a fresh Meyer lemon over the top, drizzle lightly with a high quality olive oil and sprinkle with finishing salt. Garnish with a few slices of preserved lemons. Serve immediately!
Educator on the connection of mind and body, Hippie at Heart, mother of 4, Living in the Midwest --changing to change the world one idea at a time !